Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Need I Say More?

I have two hours before I have to leave for Wednesday Witches mini meeting...

I have a room that I am close to not getting into...

The Terrible Two plus Spike are hiding somewhere....

Accomplishments for the morning?  I did manage to make real Molasses Cookies.  Grandma's recipe.

Maybe the recipe will make up for the absence of minis.  These are the best!

Molasses Cookies

1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. butter
2 eggs(I don't bother to beat them)
1 c. Molasses
4 c.flour
4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. salt
Cream together sugar and butter.  Add eggs and molasses and stir.  Add flour and spices and mix all together well.

Roll into balls the size of walnuts. I use one of those little scoops that look like an ice cream scoop, only smaller.  Keep a cup of water handy to dip it in, so that the dough won't stick.  Coat balls with sugar by rolling them in a bowlful.  Place on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 375. Cookies will flatten as they bake. Trust me.  Don't flatten them!

I hope this keeps you from running me out of town on a rail!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Deni said...

ooo yum! I just might make those now!