Tuesday, August 6, 2013
I pilfered some of the drill bits from that cheapo machine that I got last week.
I don't have a saw that will cut that fine and it would have to be open ended, in order not to cut straight through both sides of the gourd at once.
I simply drilled a line of very fine holes close together, along the line that I wanted to cut....
I did try this with an Exacto first....The gourds are way too tough.
With the holes drilled through the skin of the gourd, I can simply cut between them with the nose of a saw or the Exacto. Works like a charm.
No....I am not weaving more baskets....These are for coiling. Different animal altogether.
Tessie talked me into making one into a bird house for her blue jay. That could be an interesting experiment.
All I really meant to do when I went into the workroom was to clean a bit...somehow, all I got done was everything up off of the floor and the floor swept.
Then the Mighty Mite called my name. That was the end of cleaning. He's calling again...
See you tomorrow.