Monday, August 5, 2013
Sore Finger Joints....
I wrapped all day yesterday....And what did I get? Sore fingers.
I will definitely be back to minis tomorrow.
I decided to show you what I finished last night, before I go back.
This first one is some kind of ceramic bead. I am guessing African. I wrapped with square silver wire.
One ring lead to another and another and still another. The two larger ones can be stacked and the two smaller ones can too.
I made the bracelets as open bangles with a hook and eye at the end.
They are much easier to get on and off than the ones that you have to slip over your hand. The added attraction is, they fit better too. Not all loose and floppy.
The rings were the simplest to make. I slid three beads onto about a 12" length of wire. Then I wrapped them around a mandrel to get the size.
I twisted the back wires together until I got back to the beads and then twisted the wire from one side around each bead and looped it around the wire that they were on. One from each side. The ends of the wires were simply twisted into a small spiral. No muss. No fuss. Almost instant rings.
I did the same with the bracelets. I started with a couple of feet of wire and made a loop in one end. I wrapped one wire around the other and then twisted about a half inch. This time I strung the beads on the alternating wires, one at a time and proceeded to twist the unused wire around the on that the bead was on to hold it.
When I got to the end, I made a long twisted loop in the opposite end. Each one with be different, depending on the wrist of the wearer.
I formed the hook and used some of the excess wire to wrap around it. With the loose ends that were left, I mad small spirals. Very simple, once you get the hang of it.
We are off to go to a movie now.
See you tomorrow.