Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Squirrels Are Much More Fun....

I locked myself in the workroom this morning.  I  have to keep going.  I am on a roll!

I got the bead stash cleaned out this morning.  At least I know where everything is now....That's not saying that it doesn't need more sorting, but the top half of the dresser, where the beads are is straightened and labeled.

I don't know what I did before I bought a DYMO letratag.  It's one of my favorite things for organizing. 

I have been using them so long that I am on my second one.  The first one was just a plain label maker.  It finally gave up the ghost a few years ago.

This one is even better than the first.  It has all kinds of bells and whistles. I can even put all kinds of symbols on the labels if I want them.


Anyway, I also finished one of the shelf units on the other side of the room. It wasn't too hard.  Mostly books.  Again, they need to be sorted some, but at least they are all together.  No more needlework books all over the room.

I left some pretties at eye level. 


This is the one that is sitting on the third shelf from the bottom.  It's one of my favorites.  I am not much of a "girly girl" when it comes to decorating, but it's fun in mini.

I made pretty much everything in here but the bashed wardrobe and the Chrysnbon chair.  Oh!  And the orchid on the pink shelf.  One of my friends did that.

The green purse on the floor, by the chair is one of my bead knitting purses.  It was a pattern that I found on the net.

The only problem is....If you move one shelf to the right, you encounter this....
I never did fasten down the furniture in the mid century modern living room....Yes.  Don't nag.  I will do it when I get to that shelf.

This time I will glue things down.  I want to keep the stuff that is in there, in there.

The little men in the cactus is one of my soft sculpture pincushions that I used to sell at craft markets, back in the early 80s. The wood part is the skeleton of a choilla cactus.

I used to make them look like caricatures of real people and someone would come along and say, "That looks like my wife,brother or girlfriend, etc..  I often wondered how many people got them thrown at their heads for saying that to the person receiving it.  They were pretty weird looking.

Anyway,  I made the mistake of coming into the computer area to get the camera... I should never look out the window in there...

This little guy is one of the newer ones.  He was just starting to stuff his cheeks when I caught him. How cute is that little pink tongue?

I think that I should take the rest of the day off to do some squirrel watching....Much more fun that room cleaning!

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Yes, Casey, watching squirrels IS more fun than reorganizing any room!
Where are the Terrible Two this morning? I liked their new looks.
Phyllisa

Marisa said...

we used to have a pretty redish one that I'd feed popcorn too but the cut down his tree because it was falling down and I dont see him anymore :( I hope he found a new home in the bushes but there is a hawk around...*que erie music* Dun dun dun....


Hugs
Marisa


p.s. I stole that from "the Croods"

Cara said...

I am such a sucker for that little pink animal tongue. My male cat does that when he knows he's done something to irritate me. He just shows that little pink tongue and all is forgiven lol.

mcddiss said...

cuando se limpia algun rincon en ocasiones se redescubren cosas que una no recordaba tener y a veces es agradable , esa ardillita es una monada ,no me extraña que tengas deseos de observarla mas tiempo

besitos

Mari

KathyB. said...

Oh yes, watching squirrels is way more fun and who needs to do any more clearing out and cleaning when there are squirrels about?

Fabiola said...

The small corner is wonderful and very feminine.
Bye, Faby