Tuesday, February 26, 2013
The Fantastic Four....
I painted this darned thing twice last night.
First I tried Dolphin Gray Ceramcoat...It didn't look anything like a dolphin, nor did it look gray. It was dusty blue. The thing looked like a New England beach house. I was just sitting there waiting for the storm...
They are dry and curled just enough to match the Iron/vinegar ageing stain.
I have been debating about the floors...Something that would withstand wear and tear and still look good.
I decided on random width walnut. I had a lot of 1/32", 3 x 24" sheets. I proceeded to rip them with my micro mark saw into 1/4', 3/8" and 1/2" strips. There is a secret about the Greenleaf kits....Most of the floors are measured in full and half inches. If you do it right, you don't have any little slivers to cut to fit.