Friday, February 1, 2013
As you can see, this clay dries almost white. That makes it easier to paint.
I added the clay, one torn piece at a time, with white glue beneath it. I blended each piece in with my fingers as I went. I now have stiff white fingers. It's just a good thing that this stuff washes off with water.
Here you can see that I put it right up to the roof line. and continued up to the chimney.
I am going to have to go back and cut some of it out, where the roof is going to go. That's much easier than trying to cut the roof to fit the rocks.
I added an extra layer or two where I wanted the rocks on the chimney to stand out. Then when I sculpted those, I was careful not to squish them down.
I do think that it needs more on the left hand side as you are looking at it. Maybe a bit more around the windows.
Next I start on the front of the house. That is going to be a lot of work. The other end is essentially done.
Sorry that this is so short, but I have to go take the stone off the chimney where the roof line will interfere.
I do hope that you will try this. If you do, I would love to see photos.
Back to work.
See you tomorrow.