Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Why I Should Never Clean the Workroom...

First of all, letting me anywhere near broken jewelry is distracting to say the least. 

I now have a brand new antique gold ring.  I have been saving this short piece of a watch chain for years.  I knew it was gold and couldn't bear to part with it.  This time I ran across it, inspiration hit.  I wrapped it around the middle finger of my left hand.  It fit perfectly.

Who says that you can't have a ring that is part chain?  Pay no attention to them.

I started bending the one flat piece.  It was easy.  Being gold, the metal is soft.  I hooked it to the other end of the chain and  squeezed it shut with my needle nosed pliers.  Shaped the bar a bit....Almost instant ring!
This is the part that is really dangerous.  I found a partially made, mini octagon quilt.  The paper pieces are about 1/4" across.

It is in various stages.  Lots of paper pieces.  Some of them stuck to fabric and ready to be cut out.  Some are cut out and ready to sew...
I can't remember the last time I worked on this, but there is no new fabric in it...

When the paper pieces are stuck to the fabric, I begin folding the extra over the back and stitching it down. 

I found one piece that the fabric was folded and glued with a glue stick...I am wondering if the paper will come out of that one.  I am going to stitch it to other octagons and see.  If it does come out, it would sure save a lot of time sewing and maybe I would actually finish the quilt.
Tessie actually sat down and volunteered to help....The catch?  She wants it made into a sleeping bag...What is it with her and sleeping bags and naps lately?

If it gets her to help finish some of these projects that I have lying around, She can make it into an overstuffed chair, for all I care.

Little by little, step by step.   I am getting that icky workroom workable.

And what is more, I am finishing projects as I go.....Well, maybe not all of the projects....The fast ones like the ring get finished...The slow ones like the quilt get sidetracked  and sometimes put back on the shelf....Sooner or later, they will all get done...

Time estimation?  Four hundred thirty one years, seven months, six days 3 hours and forty two minutes....Admittedly, that is just a rough estimate. 

See you tomorrow.  Then it will only be four hundred thirty one years, seven months, five days, three hours and forty two minutes...

2 comments:

Kathi said...

I hope we both live that long!

Jose said...

Un anillo muy chulo y esa colcha va a quedar estupenda kisses from spain ;)