Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Passable Tree....

 The mad scientist is at it again.... I knocked down all of the gold highlights on the tree with a brown wash...In doing so, I also knocked down some of the gesso.  If I do this on the Clockwork Cottage, I am going to have to pay more attention to what I am doing.

This is close enough for experimentation though.

Make a note...Darker brown and more gesso.

Anyway, I want to see what it would look like if I wanted a "real" tree. 

I painted the background with Dolphin Gray Ceramcoat and streaked it with white.  If I were going to put it behind the back wall of a room box, outside a window, I would do more of a landscape.  This was just to see....

I took some railroad greenery to try for a leaf effect.  Not too bad. I didn't want to glue leaves on and not be able to experiment further.   I am going to repaint it again.

I definitely need to put some of the gesso back before I do....Too spaghetti like with what I washed away.

At least I have a bit more insight as to what this technique will do and what I need to do to make it work.

So far, I am very pleased with it. 
Meanwhile, I am going to have some drying time to fill again.  I finished the baby things yesterday.  Back to working on hats and scarves for Christmas....I am still loving this Lion Brand Amazing yarn.  So is Tessie. 

These hats and scarves will have seen a lot of use by Christmas... Tessie keeps falling asleep in the knitting basket.

I seem to have misplaced one of the hats that I already finished...That should take up an hour or so, searching for it.

I have to go gesso and repaint the box again. 

Then I have to lock Tessie in the workroom and go back to knitting while the paint drys.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lucille said...

I absolutely love the shape of that tree and the finish gets better all the time! Where do you ever get all your energy, Casey?