Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Guest Blogger Me, Tessie!

Good Morning.  Please pardon any typos.  The pogo stick isn't the easiest thing to manage on the computer keys.

I went to Casey this morning and begged her to make me a rug for under the loom to keep my toes toasty when I weave.

She totally ignored me.  She is cleaning kitchen cupboards this morning.  Silly woman! 

Doesn't she know that, if you don't clean them for a while, all kinds of useful things grow there in the dark.   Mine have toadstools way in the back, a few cool green winged beetles and lots of fuzzy, furry stuff that looks like grey moss....I am not exactly sure what is there now.  I think that Cordelia cleaned(very bad thing to do) right after she moved into the town house.  I refuse to live in her house anymore, it is way to clean and orderly...I may have to put a spell on her and make her trade back.

Anyway, I kept begging Casey for a rug.  She told me to go away.  I begged again and she threw a box of cereal at  my head...And I don't even like cereal!

So....I decided to take matters into my own hands.  If the photos aren't up to par, Zar took them.

Oh!  I just bounced up and saw a squirrel in the yard, eating apples.  Cool.  Now I know why Casey likes to look out the window by the computer.

Back to the story.  I did make Casey cut me a piece of  non-woven interfacing and carry out the bunka box. I like saying that.  Bunka box bunka box bunka box...And she had to get out the books, but I did the rest all by myself....With Zar's help.

I really didn't need the books after all.  I made up the pattern myself.

First, with a permanent pen, I drew the outlines of the design that I wanted to put on the rug.

OK.  So there are a few misplaced lines....Who cares?  They are going to get covered up anyway.
Then came the fun part.  I pulled on the end of the bunka whilst Zar held the card.  I think that I pulled out way more than I can use.  It's just plain entertaining to do...Zar was even having fun!  

Then Spike got involved. Do you think that Casey will believe that a pet spider went berserk and strung all the bunka from pillar to post?....Maybe not.

First I outlined all of the black.  I used Casey's glue syringe.  Zar pushed down on the plunger and I guided it around the rug.

Then I covered the string of glue with a string of bunka. 

I keep having to chase Spike off.  He sees it as a future bed already.

Just before I came in here to bounce this er I mean write this... I started putting color in all of the spaces.

Another fun part, but it makes me dizzy.  I start at the outer edge and work my way to the center of each part.

I should have it done to show you tomorrow, but Casey will probably take away my pogo stick and tell me I can't use the computer anymore.

I keep messing around with the iPad, but I can't figure that one out at all.  I keep pressing the wrong buttons and accidentally buying new game apps.  Well maybe it isn't quite an accident.  I do like those Angry Birds.  I can't figure out why they are so unhappy, but they are fun to play with.

I guess I am done here.  My feet are getting blisters. Oh!  I just found Spellcheck!  How cool is that!?!

Casey will see you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Tessie. That's an interesting way to make a rug.
Phyllisa

Neen said...

A pogo stick iPad stylus...hmmm, only Tessie could come up with that! (Love it!)

dalesdreams said...

Too cute! I love Tessie's face. Full of such excitement. :)

April said...

Tessie, if she takes away the pogo stick I might be able to help you to secure a jet pack.

Kathi said...

Good morning to you too Tessie! Love the rug you are making. I think even I could make one like this. :D

I'm with you on the cleaning thing... I would much rather make minis than clean!

I tried a pogo stick once. Almost fell flat on my face. Keep bouncing! Love watching you work!

Debbie said...

Love your Rug Tessie..