Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Fast and Furious....
It was simply two strands of embroidry floss woven through the open work on the skirt, sleeves and stomacher.
In the first photo, I had just started. I ran the green floss around all of the edges and up the blocks at the sides.
Then with yellow, I filled in the curved design. In the center of the design, I wove the thread through twice to make the center stalk thicker than the branches.
The last step was to put a center in each of the flowers. That was done with a single wrapped french knot.
I have glued the stomacher in place and am ready to start the over dress.
But first I have to stop and get ready to go to the Wednesday Witches mini meeting.
Oh! I did do one other thing.
They aren't very fancy. I tried leather, but they just looked too thick.
I finally settled on the knit lining material from one of the gloves that I had been using.
I simply cut a U shape from the fabric. then I put glue on the foot and wrapped the fabric where I wanted it.
I did the same for the sole, trimming it after it was on the foot.
The last step was to add a bow on the toe.
They aren't fancy, but they won't be seen much either. With these on her feet, she will be able to balance more easily when she stands.
I have to go and get ready now...No more Nellie work for today.
See you tomorrow.