Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nobody Gets In To See the Wizard....

...Not nobody!  Not no how!

I knew that there  was a reason that Tessie wanted that window in the inglenook...

Yup.  She's asking for passwords now.

As you can see, I have been doing actual mini work this morning.  The half timber work is coming right along.

I decided to cut out the cross bars in the two small windows in the front.  I think that they will probably get stained glass.  I have yet to decide on a design.

I put all of the pieces together on the foundation this morning.  I still have the staircase kit that I can use on the outside, or I could just put a hole in the floor and install a ladder.  Some of the early half timber didn't have stairs.

I have seen photos of a couple that had alternating steps going steeply up the side of a wall...That's a thought.

I did finish the half timbering in the annex.  The top storage room is finished, with the exception of the shading on the inside chimney.

I also installed the start of the floor up there too.


I still have to do the timbering inside the main building.  I ran out of cut and stained timber.  I guess I should have Zar hold his gun to my head until I make enough lumber to finish the rest of the house.

Incidentally, what Zar is doing in this photo is not at all what I had in mind when I said we could use a ladder to get to the second floor....

Shortly after I took the photo, he fell off the ladder....There was nothing beneath him but the floor....A long way down.  Maybe one of these days he will learn...Probably not.

I will finish the chimney.  I will finish the chimney....I will finish the chimney...Maybe...Back to work... In just a few days, I will be able to hook everything together...Hopefully...

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lucille said...

Oh Casey, Casey! The photo where Tessie sticks her nose out the window and asks Zar for a password just cracks me up! Poor Zar and crazy Tessie!

Elga said...

It is looking great Casey!

funda said...

Çok güzeller. Ellerinize sağlık. Güzel Türkiyem den sevgiler...