Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, May 14, 2012

I Am Boarded....

OK.  I didn't get to minis until about 2:30 PM.  Consequently, I didn't get a lot done.

April and son came over about 10:00 this morning and the minis went out the window.  We had a good time with that mini.

After she left, I started staining more boards...What you see isn't even half of them.

I talked Tessie and Zar into an assembly line after that.  I stained.  Then Tessie held the boards and Zar sanded them.  This could take a while.
 
I decided to start with the annex and work up to the main building.  I still haven't done the shading on the chimney.  I keep putting it off.  Not good.

After looking at this photo, I think that I need another row of horizontal timbers at the top of this side.

Here's the end of the building.  I rather like the timber work on this side. 

Now, If I could only talk myself into doing the rest of the chimney....I am planning to put one of the ornamental iron braces on the chimney when I finish it. 

Somebody give me a push.  I need to finish the outside of this thing.  It is starting to nag...Not to mention the Terrible Two nagging me.

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pia said...

*PUSH* I really like this project! The chimney and the fireplace are so beatiful! Well, everything is..

M.Narbon said...

Very nice work!!!