Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Hurrier I Go, The Behinder I Get....

Today, you only get a tiny bit of mini-ing.  I went to the mini meeting this afternoon.

This morning I had this mess on my bed.  That was the largest surface to spread out the boxes.

I am sorting through the plano boxes with needlework and beading supplies.  I am to the point that I can't find anything again.

This is only a fraction of the stuff that I need to go through.  Before I am finished, I expect to be cross eyed or blind from sorting tiny things.

At minis, I worked on some needle tatting for a while, but I find it hard to keep up with the conversation and count stitches at the same time.

These three pieces are done with buttons in the center, with over dyed thread.  They will eventually become some kind of jewelry.

That is, if I can get them away from Tessie.  She wants to hang them on the walls.

After I gave up on the tatting, I moved on to more gourd baskets.  The one that I was working on is by Zar's feet. 

I actually got three rows done on that.  It must be some kind of record. I don't usually get that much done at the meetings.  There is always too much food and talk to concentrate on minis.

On the left is one of the whole gourds marked and ready for cutting.  In the center is the bottom half of one of the gourds.

The one that I was working on has a hole in the bottom, where the neck was before I sawed it apart.  I will put a base under it of either leather or card.  Sometimes, if I am ambitious, I even coil a bottom for them.

Anyway, so much for minis...Not a  record day.  I will try harder tomorrow.

See you then.

No comments: