Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Four Houses and Zar...

Some of you asked what happened to Zar and why didn't he go with us? This is why. April came over the feed the cats and squirrels. Amare came along. Zar and Amare get along famously.

Zar rides Amare's favorite stuffed horny toad and Amare eats the remote control to the TV. They have a great time together. Zar likes to have some "man time" once in a while....No Tessie. He gets to have some fun. Thus the stay at home.

We got home between three and four. Since then, I had a Big Mac and edited some of the photos.

Now, down to a few photos. I have to say that they are influencing the weaver's cottage....It may just turn into a Carmel Half Timber....Fairytale Style.

This first one is by another architect. I am not sure who, but I love the light green moss that grows on some of the roofs there. For some reason, it is mostly growing on the front section of the house. If you enlarge the photo, you can see that there is a darker green moss growing on the portion behind the chimney.


This one shows you why you shouldn't take photos of houses through the windshield when it is drizzling rain. I liked this one because of the rocks on the walls. It reminds me of my Buttercup book shop and its rocks on the walls. It appears that the chimney is above the rock section. I would love to see the inside. I suspect that there is a corner fireplace of some kind under there.


This one is one of the Comstock houses. Pretty plain for his design, but I suspect that it has been altered over the years. Note the painted shingles on the peak of the front of the roof. Love the red door with the pale yellow exterior. By the way, the name of this one? The Doll's House... The shapes of the roof sides are just slightly curved.


There are three "layers" to this one. the front part is a very narrow addition. The second segment is behind that and goes out to the right with a pitched roof. Behind that is the main house. It's roof has a slightly different pitch to the nearer one. You can see that it is curved down behind the peak of the front one if you look carefully.

Last, but not least, this is one that I really like. Another Comstock. I will show you a couple more photos of this one tomorrow.


Can you tell that I am a fan of these houses? If not, I will tell you. I am a fan of these houses!!!


We had a two and a half hour layover in Los Angeles, coming home, so it has been a long day.


See you tomorrow, with more.

7 comments:

Lucille said...

Hi Casey! I thought you would be gone a bit longer! I guess you're glad to be back home, though. The baby is so cute! He looks so happy and I suppose Zar is his new toy! Of all the house, I like the last one. I only like the ones that have the fairy tale aura!

Sandy said...

Glad you had a nice time in my home town... Isn't Carmel the best? I live just a couple towns away now, but spent my entire life in the Carmel area. I love it there. So many memories with my family. It so amazes me how many people in the blog world talk and share pictures of Carmel and the storybook/fairytale houses that just seem normal to me. There are so many little cottages around every corner and down each street. So many to swoon over.
Have a great week.
xoso
Sandy

Kathi said...

Thanks for sharing your fairy tale cottages. I love them too.
I remember one back in Florida. I passed it often on my way doing home health care visits. I took tons of photos of that house but I'm not sure where they are now?
Guess I will go digging through old photos to see if I can find them...
Amare is adorable! I'm sure you are loving being a "Grandma!"

Drora's minimundo said...

The baby is adorable!
The 4 houses look very special. I suppose they give you ideas for dollhouse exteriors.
Hugs

Minka said...

What wonderful photos!

Minka said...

Amare is beautiful

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful baby!