Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday, Once Again.....

And for my next trick.....Irregular Draperies! These are some of my favorites. This one is straight out of "The Curtain-maker's Handbook.

But as usual, I am getting ahead of myself...

I finished the third box this morning.

Tessie was in the box, trying to figure out where she could use this design. It was easier that I thought to get her out of there and her mind off of stealing them. I just started to put the glass on the front of the box and she was gone.

Funny. I didn't think that she still remembered living in that glass fronted case for a number of years....Evidently she still remembers the cage.

The Assembly on these is fairly easy. I glued in the long draperies. Then I glued in the center swag on top of that. The jabots come last, on either side. They are lightly folded around the edges of the sides and tops. and glued in place.

Three down and two to go. I am temporarily hanging them between the bedroom door and the TV. I am going to have to find a place to hang them, not facing the windows.

I had to take this photo off to one side. The windows reflect in the glass otherwise.

Tessie squeezed herself in between the bottom two and whined, "You need more space between them if you want me to be comfortable. I can't sit up straight."

I hope she's not serious. That could mess up some of the arrangements that I already have. I am not pulling out nails and moving things further apart, all over the house, just to accommodate her seating arrangements.

Anyway, I am off to the usual Monday morning chores.

Don't forget to vote! Thanks for the votes that you have already entered.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lucille said...

How mean of you not to accommodate poor, helpless, innocent little Tessie!

Sirkku Saukonoja said...

Wow, what a curtain! It goes down so softly and sweet.