Zar announced this morning, "I don't like the term pavilion and I don't like all of that fancy, lacy, white trim.
I took note, but I didn't do anything about it. I went about my business and cut a form for the step to the shower tower.
Since I had the cap of the tube, from which I made the tower, I simply put it beneath the tower and drew a line where I wanted to cut. I also cut about a half inch off of the bottom edge to make it a more reasonable step. Now all I have to do is paint it and cover it with stone. I believe that it will be more compatible with the tower than a square step would be.
Next, I tackled a table to go with the chairs in the "tent". I give in. It's a tent. It is much easier to type tent than pavilion. Henceforth, it shall be known as Zar's Tent, or just plain tent.
For the table, I used two oval mirrors for the top and bottom. Both are facing the top. I cut a piece of needlepoint canvas 2 1/2" high and long enough to fit around the ovals with just a couple of threads overlapping. I marked both mirrors in the same place on one end of the oval. That way It would come out straight. I wrapped and glued the mirrors in place, let them dry and then wrapped a piece of fabric trim around the top and bottom. Then I edged those with twisted rope needlepoint threads.
Now pull back for a view of the whole thing....Yup, I fixed things for Zar. He doesn't ask for much and I had to agree with him. All of that white braid just didn't look like him.
I have come up with a trick to make trim when you don't have any that matches.
I took a piece of the fabric that I used for the cushions on the chairs. I laid it face down on a piece of waxed paper and smeared the back of it with white glue. It is messy, but it works. I squeezed it straight out of the bottle then used my fingers to spread it around, making sure that it was completely covered. Then I walked away and let it dry.
When it is dry, you can cut it any way you want and it won't ravel. Added bonus, it sticks better when you go to put it on something.
I cut strips of the fabric on the bias so that it was diamonds and used that in place of the white stuff on all of the seams of the tent. Then I did tie backs for the curtains with it too.
It brightens the tent considerably and now the tent doesn't look so drab with the stained glass of the tower.
Zar is happy now and all's right with the world....So far. I have to get to work and finish the inside and the landscaping now.
I am not saying that he is impatient, but Tessie is egging him on. She wants the trailer finished so that I will go back to the townhouse. She is like a little bee, buzzing in his ear about how nice it will be when the project is finished and he can move in.....
No rest for the wicked.....
See you tomorrow.