Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Flat Tires and Lobsters......

Between the two above subjects, I have not done a lot on the trailer today. I found that I had a flat in the parking lot at Walmart this morning. I called April to come rescue me, since I didn't think that it would be nice to interrupt Walter's Father's Day golf game. She came running and a guy that works there helped change it. Thanks Gus!

When I got home, I did some staining of half timbers and then decided that I wanted to make sure that I had a suitable tile floor for the kitchen.
Zar and Tessie got into an argument about the suitability. Tessi con and Zar pro. I have used this particular floor before. It is one of my favorites from this Dover book.

I don't know if it is still in print, but if it is, it is invaluable for tiles. I simply sized it with my TPS 15 greeting card program and printed it out on card stock. I will glue it to a piece of mat board and then incise the grout lines with a fine stylus. The rest of the floor will be carpeted in the living room and probably wood in the bedroom area.


I am now looking for fancy ceilings. I am looking in here. This one was first published in 1977. I got it second hand several years ago. Again, it is wonderful, but I imagine that you would have to search for it second hand. Good luck!


While I am being lazy, Spike and Fuzzy pup are vigilantly guarding the opening in the foundation. Something or someone must have moved in overnight. I am going to let them handle it for now. They seem to have things under control.....Maybe by tomorrow I will have actually accomplished something.


See you then.

8 comments:

Lucille said...

I love, love, love the colour combination of that tile floor, Casey.

Kathi said...

Great floor. I couldn't help but notice how clean the top of your stove is. Mine is too. :D I actually HAD to clear it off so I could cook something.
I wonder who moved in under the trailer?
"Fuzzy dog" needs a name. "Max" comes to mind, but you'll have to run that by Tessie, I'm sure...

Kathi said...

Lobsters? Did you say lobster? Is there a LOBSTER living under the trailer??? I hope you have a swimming hole under there!

Caseymini said...

Lucille, I must love that color combination too. I keep using that floor or something similar.

Kathi,That stovetop was before lobster cooking... Now the broiler pan is on top....No photos please.

Fuzzy is the name that Tessie gave the pup. I had no say in the matter. No lobster living under there.

Walter bought tails only at Costco yesterday. It was one of his Father's Day presents.

Merri said...

Walter got a tail for Father's day? Did I miss something?

Deni said...

Oh I luv those tiles!will look fab in the van!
Gosh your a fast worker, Casey!

Caseymini said...

Merri, LOBSTER TAILS.LOL Costco has them fresh. Much cheaper than restaurants. Once in a while we get two for a special treat.

Carla Alessandra said...

O piso relamente vai ficar bonito com esse desenho, boa escolha.

maniatura-carla.blogspot.com