...is very exciting! I am almost finished with the black lacquer table.
I cut a four inch circle and a three inch circle from 3/32" bass wood. That's what I had, so that's what I used.
I then glued the two pieces together with the grain of the wood at cross angles. That helps prevent warping.
After the glue dried, I painted it black with Ceramcoat and let that dry. It didn't take long for that do dry, so I walked away.
After that, I put the first coat of Krylon Crystal Clear Glaze on the top. The Three Mini Stooges moved in to watch. As far as I know, they are still in the workroom staring at the table top.
It will have to be sanded and re glazed a couple more times to get a smooth finish.
I doubt that Tessie and company will have the patience to watch the whole procedure....They keep touching it to see if it's dry yet. I am going to have to watch them closely after I put the last coat on top. I don't care how tiny the fingerprints are. They don't make for a good finished look!
I worked some more on the zebra rug yesterday.....Here is proof of progress.
I think that it is going to look much better than the brown one did in the living room.
I probably won't get much done on it today. We are about to take April and Seth out to celebrate their birthdays. They were born only a few days apart. That makes it nice for the celebration.
I have to run.
See you tomorrow.