Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Another Case of "Mine! All Mine!"

When will I ever learn? Anything that is brought into this house that is less than a foot tall theoretically belongs to Tessie.

I forgot to show you the tiny "Christmas tree" that I brought home. OK, so it isn't really a pine tree. I am not really sure what it is, but Walmart was selling them as real, live mini Christmas trees, so how could I resist?

As soon as Tessie set eyes on it, she started cooing...."My tree. My very own tree. Ho! Ho! Ho!" I just didn't have the heart to tell her that after Christmas it will have to be planted in the ground outside. Let her dream for now.

Unfortunately, there was no information on it. I have the feeling that it's not expected to last long after the holidays. I will try my best not to kill it.

I am putting stuff away and making room for Christmas day guests now. I want to be able to eat at the family room table without having to push aside Tessie's Teashop and all of the tools and supplies that are scattered around.

I am running out of space to hide things. The tea house is going to have to go in the workroom....Let the piling begin...... We all know what I will be doing the week after Christmas. With Tessie's help, I should be able to get everything back where it belongs in a couple of days. Strike that. Make that a couple of months with her helping.

Before I moved the teashop, I put the two new pieces in to see how Tessie liked them. She approved. Then everything came to a screeching halt when I said that I was going to move it! You should have heard the wailing! No.....Maybe you shouldn't have.

I managed to talk her into the move by saying that it had to be moved so that Santa could get to the tree to put presents beneath it.

She was somewhat mollified by that, but had to have it in writing that Santa would bring her lots of good stuff....Yup. That's how the promissory note reads..."Santa will bring Tessie lots of stuff." Thank goodness, she didn't think to name individual items, like the Magnolia kit or in other words, Spiderwort Manor. I am so happy that there is a loophole! It just reads "lots of stuff" and she signed it!


Now. About the hideout in the tree......I looked in a while ago and she had company. Zar refuses to take off the ridiculous beard and hat and has joined her....I heard them planning a "Tree Party". No, not a tea party. They seem to think that they can hide lots of their friends in the branches and no one will suspect that they are there.

I don't think it is going to work. They tend to get loud and sing a lot when they party. If they start singing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer!" while we have company, I am not going to be a happy camper!

I am going to go talk to the two of them. They are altogether too friendly again. When they get their heads together there is always trouble. Maybe I can start a fight.....Wish me luck!

See you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I love Zar’s beard and hat, it rather suits him!! lol If Tessie doesn’t behave, will she get any pressies?!

As for the little conifer tree, keep it in the coolest room that you have, they like to be well watered (don’t allow to dry out) and spraying its foliage with water will help too. :o) It should be okay to plant out after Christmas. I had one a couple of years ago and it’s still alive in the garden after being in the home.

Michelle :o)

Pan said...

I'm wishing you luck!

Just found your blog and love it. I am also putting my miniatures on a blogspot and amazed that there are so many others with the same interest.

Off to explore your other posts now. Pandora xx

Lize said...

Keep Tessie busy with a wish list! She can cut out little pics from a catalogue and stick them down as I am sure she can not write!

The tree looks to me like a cypress. Sometimes a shrub, but can also be a very tall tree. When I lived in Africa, we had several planted outside. My guess is that the climate is similar to Arizona's. Very dry and hot, but cold winters. The very tall ones, we called 'graveyard trees' as they were normally planted around the parameter and were visible from afar. Some thrive in colder areas and some will remain ever small. It is a pity yours didn't come with more info.

Unknown said...

OMG, SO sweet!! I love it, Caesey!

Norma Bennett said...

Never a dull moment in your house :) I would be so worried about having guests and Tessie within miles of each other! How about sharing the lyrics to "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" - sounds wonderfully irreverent. I've got the "Jingle Bells" tune stuck in my head at the moment for some reason but the only lyrics wandering thru my mind (on repeat cycle) are "Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg..." - obviously I've been brainwashed by my sons over the years :)

Caseymini said...

OK. Norma asked for it and I found it. If you want to sing along, this website has the lyrics to "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" and it even has the music playing in the background! http://www.dltk-holidays.com/xmas/grandma.htm I don't advocate singing this at Christmas. It was just the first weird song that popped into my head as I was writing. LOL Have fun!

Norma Bennett said...

Thank you for the link Casey - it's hilarious!!!

dalesdreams said...

That's a hysterical song, but granted, may not be appropriate for company. ;)

As for the tree, don't be like me and think it's a succulent. I've lost a lot of Christmas evergreens that way. :(

Apparently, they grow in rain forests. Who'd have thought! Not me, lol.


Tessie's antics always amuse me.

I'm waiting to see what she does on Christmas if she is left to roam free among the guests. ;)