Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Flight of the Dragon....

I am about finished with the carving on the roof tiles. I still need to do some smoothing and a bit of trimming here and there, but other than that, I am finished.

Here's the back of the house. Tessie stuck with me throughout the process. She claimed that she was "cleaning up after me". That consisted of filling her lap with shavings from the roof and when there got to be too many for her to hold, she dumped them on the floor....It didn't make any difference which floor. Some landed inside the teashop......Most landed in the family room rug. It's a good thing that I have a new vacuum! Bless the ball!

Here's the front. For a small shop, it took a lot of tiles and a lot of carving. It took several hours and the best part(the sharp, shiny,new part) of 11 Exacto blades! Those egg cartons are made for dulling blades. I have to find my whet stone. It went walkabout more than six months ago and it is still walking somewhere. It probably got put away in a safe place when I was on a cleaning spree.

Anyway, about three o' clock, Tessie announced "I am done for the day and I need a bug beer." She flounced away, dusting off all of the debris as she went. She left a nice egg carton trail.

After I cleaned the mess up from the carving, I went to find her......

She decided that a nice relaxing spin on a dragon would be better than sitting on the porch. She has even trained him to hold his head level as he flies so that she will have a place to rest her beer as she flies. I love her witchy ingenuity.

I guess I will go back to the real world now. I need to fix dinner.

Tomorrow will be soon enough to paint and stain.

See you then.


4 comments:

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Your slate roof is indistinguishable from the photo of the real slate roof!! Awesome!

Tabitha Corsica said...

Those egg carton slate tiles look really great! Despite the enormous amount of work they take to look right, it seems a worthwhile effort. I'm guessing Miss Tess was more of a hinderance than a help....

Tabs

rosanna said...

They look like the real thing! Sooooo good, you always make the trick Hugs Rosanna

Kim said...

wow- the roof looks amazing!!