Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, September 14, 2009

I Thought It Would Work......


Well.... It was a good try. This morning Tessie put on the new pink checked apron and announced that she was ready to help. Huh??? OK. Who replaced Tessie with a automaton when my back was turned? Tessie volunteering for work? Impossible!

She announced,"With the new apron, I won't get the dress dirty when I help. What are we doing first?".

Since I was working on painting some little stands for the examples of the basket classes that I am going to teach, I was willing to let her try.....She got one look at the black paint that I was using and immediately backed away. "I don't want to get my apron dirty. Black? Yucky!!!"

I might have known. She wants to protect the apron that is protecting the new dress....She stepped back....Way back. Then she just watched. Spike loved running up and down the stand and finally settled on top, where he could get his ears scratched once in a while.
After I finished that task, I went to clean up the kitchen and wash the dishes.

Tessie perched on a flower pot that Seth made for me. He is a great potter. This was one that he didn't like. It is one of my favorites.
Anyway, this time Tessie said that she didn't want to risk getting wet and melting....I still say that is just a "Wizard of Oz" thing....I have never seen her get all melty when there is water around. Any excuse....

I looked into the dishwasher and then back towards.....No Tessie!

I turned around and saw what she was up to....She found the stash of early Halloween candy. She was busy trying to figure out how she was going to get it back to her place. Why is it, when she gets excited, she forgets that she can simply cast a spell? She goes all human on me.

"Casey! I need a bag to put these in!"

"What are you going to do with all of that?" I asked.

"I have my apron on and I am going to cook pumpkin pies! A sack please?"

Should I bother trying to explain to her that you have to have real pumpkins to make pumpkin pies? Nah....Let her figure it out. I will go clean out her house later. In about an hour there should be lots of melted orange candy all over the floor. You can't tell her anything. She has to learn for herself.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

marlies said...

O I like this apron verry much, but the one of the handkerchief
was already so beautiful!It will be a sticky mess in the kitchen....
* marlies