Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Finished With Fabric....

Finished with rearranging the big stuff anyway. The only stuff I have left is three drawers of miniature fabric. We won't discuss that today....

April got on my case to show you the closet in the computer room last week. I figured that I should keep going, while I was in the mood, cleaning out my stash.

I won't say that this particular closet has not been cleaned out, top to bottom, for a while. Maybe I shouldn't even tell you this, but at the back of one of the top shelves, I found a dollar off coupon for Friskies Cat Food that was dated 2001! I suspect that was April's. Why would I stash a coupon in her closet? I had to be on a step stool to see it, so that's my excuse. Being short, I didn't see it. Honest!

Tessie came in and wanted to help.....If you ask me, she was just looking for fabric for her next project(Spiderwort Manor is going to need curtains.).

She got in the way a few times, so I just piled the fabric on top of her. She didn't like that one little bit.

However, she did like the fact that I have a lot of red prints in the stash. Remember, that's the color of the month for her. Next month I will probably find her in the blue section.
Meanwhile, Spike got lost in the black and white prints. He found some with doggy footprints and at the very bottom of the pile, some with bones. Never mind that they are whole skeletons.....They are still bones to him.

I kept thinking "This is Saturday. I should be doing fun stuff.", but I did persevere. It wasn't easy with both Tessie and Spike helping. I finally put on http://www.hulu.com and let them watch an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They both like that. Tessie likes Willow, the witch girl. Spike likes.....Yup, you guessed it. Spike, the vampire! He thinks that the character was named after him. That kept them quiet while I finished.

I am starting to get worried.....I am beginning to like the looks of clean closets and cupboards. The only trouble with this is, it takes time away from minis! Maybe I don't like neatness as well as I like minis.....We shall see.....

See you tomorrow.

11 comments:

Tabitha Corsica said...

Whoa...I don't think I've ever seen anyone with that much fabric just waiting for a project....

Deni said...

Your doing a great job!
Goodness you have enough fabric to last a life time... then when you want to make something, it just isn't the right shade...right? lol I know, cause Im a quilter from way back!
I only have 1 drawer full of fabrics the rest I gave away to a retirement village for their crafts! I have 4 drawers full of projects half done!
Then there are 4 houses built... the list is endless and I al still finding extra things to do!
Minis are such FUN! luv it luv it!!!!

Caseymini said...

You have to realize that some of that fabric is "well aged". I have been sewing all of my life. A lot of it is from the 1.00 a yard table at Walmart. They are talking about doing away with their fabric altogether....I can't pass up a good bargain.LOL

rosanna said...

Hi Casey, Maison Sajou is a French firm specialized in haberdashery and everything related to thread and needles. They sell on line too and their site is available in English. You only have to google Sajou and you are in. Lovely fabrics in your stash, as usual I'l say how I'd like to put my hands in your closet and drawers.Mini hugs

Kathi said...

I do like Spike's bones and paw print fabrics. Do you have plans for them?? I'm sure you do! :)
I am very impressed with your cleaning and organization. It will never happen here, but it is inspiring!

Deni said...

I know exactly what you mean, I also am on the look out for bargains and buy when I can!lol
Finding miniature fabrics here is nigh impossible, but I still search!lol
Can't have enough I say!Go for it I say!hhahahaa

Julie Old Crow said...

You are inspiring me to sort and clean! Not that I actually have, yet, but I am feeling the vague rumblings of it coming.

I like Spike--plus I like Spike the Vampire, too!

Julie Old Crow

Caseymini said...

For some reason, some of my comments are disappearing when I push publish. I just lost another one from Deni! Yesterday I lost one for Kathi and the third was a reply to hers. This is getting weird. I know I didn't push delete. I was very careful after losing the first one. Is anybody else having this problem?

Creager Studios said...

Hi Casey...Looking GOOD!! I think you should teach classes on 'Organizational Skills' ...I am very impressed...You are like me...I color coordinate too...

Things are looking terrific...so is little Tessie

Hugs,
Jodi

Mary said...

I like your stash solution. Not only easy to see what you're looking for, but easy to know where to find it in the first place.
Mary

Debbie said...

Casey love the black fabric with the little skeletons and how the fabric is organised what a great idea... Are you going to make Spike a bed from the paw print or bone material?..x