Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Mookie Is Normal?

Well. Normal for him. We made the big decision to take off the collar yesterday afternoon. We re- introduced him to the Widget and they pretended not to know each other. I know it was only a week, but I guess for cats, that is a LONG time. Today there is a truce. Tomorrow they will probably be best friends again.

Mookie has chosen the bathroom floor for a cool place to sleep. It's 93° at the present time. Tessie volunteered to keep watch over him in case Widget tried to get him. You know Tessie never volunteers without motive. She thinks it's great fun to climb up his back and slide down to the floor. She couldn't get him to sit, so she is making do with a shorter ride. I don't think that Mookie is impressed with her ingenuity.That didn't last long. She got bored because of the shortness of the ride.

I have not been working on the long rug. I couldn't find the lighter blue that I used when I first started. I couldn't remember the DMC number. Sometimes Tessie is much smarter than I am. I hate to admit it, but she is. She suggested that I get out the old tried and true DMC color chart. She then went to work matching the tails on the back of the rug to the chart. She came up with the right one. I had been looking for it for over a week......Lo and behold, I found it almost immediately in my cross stitch work box by the bed. Personally, I think that Tessie had something to do with it disappearing right at the time that I needed it. After all, she did wangle a chair out of me before she started helping me look. And why did it so mysteriously reappear in my basket just when I needed it?

I was forced to work on it during breaks while cleaning up the house this morning. I did the lighter blue in the center area. Thanks Tessie. That is the right blue.

It should only take me a couple more years to finish it, now that I have all of the colors. Unfortunately, the real world is rearing it's ugly head today. I have been doing more cat sitting than house work and laundry for the past week. Reality is setting in fast. I have to get back to it.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Glad to hear Mookie is ok!!! Looks like Tessie is keeping him busy for you!

Pubdoll said...

I just love the picture with Tessie and Mookie. Mookie really seems to like having Tessie around! Glad he's getting better!

Crafts From The Stash said...

So glad to hear mookie is feeling better.
Debie x

Katie said...

When you get a chance...look at this :) Reminded me of you!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36948675@N00/sets/72157600164063672/

Caseymini said...

WOW! Katie, I love the machine. It gives me ideas for the time machine.