Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Moving Right Along........

This morning when I went in to look at the Clockwork Cottage, Zar was contemplating the secret door in the workroom. To my surprise, he has almost finished making the bookcase frame.

It seems to be working well so far. He has decided that he wants the majority of the shelf in the workroom with a flat, false wall in the bathroom. There will be woodwork trim in the bathroom to disguise the fact that the panel opens.

The dogs are worried about how they are going to get in and out of the room since they can't manage doors or dumbwaiters by themselves. I think that they are just going to have to be very careful.

While he was doing the upstairs, I was in the kitchen checking out what is done and what still has to be done. Zar and Tessie joined in with opinions. Zar's were welcome. Tessie's were tolerated.

Zar dragged the bookcase down from the workroom.(No. Tessie didn't see him do it.) He wants shelves in the front corner by the sink. Tessie immediately told him that they were too big. "Why did you build them so big? Didn't you measure? Hmmmm, maybe I should take these off of your hands since they don't fit.". That started another argument. Zar won. "It's my bookcase. You can't have it! Buzz off!"

For once Tessie kept her mouth shut. Maybe it's because she doesn't have enough spell books to fill it or maybe because she has run out of places in her cottage to store the things that she filches.

Anyway, the three of us went into the dining room and actually agreed on something! The window is not pleasing. It is off center and too small. We all thought that a bay would be nice there....... Remember, this was supposed to be the kitchen before I started bashing. In a kitchen a small off center window would be ok. Here, not so much.

Guess who has been volunteered to do the work? We discussed colors for the walls. Nothing was decided. As usual, Tessie suggested puce. Balthazar and I both voted against that, so Tessie got bored and left. Zar asked me nicely if I would undertake the reworking of the window. He pled that he would be very busy with the workroom. I said that I would do it.

Oh well. What's one more project?

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sans! said...

Looking forward to see more.

Debbie said...

LOL How I've missed Tessie over the last few days. Just caught up on all the antic's..x