Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Two Projects From One.

It's not fair! I have to wait about 24 hours to see if this one worked! I opened the box of the water kit this morning. one of the bottles was labeled resin, so I felt better about the experiment. I did think it strange that the word resin was nowhere to be found on the outside of the box though.

Tessie gets some of the results, so naturally she is standing there staring at her section of the project.

It was much easier to do than I thought it would be. Mix equal parts and pour. I read in one of the bead work magazines that you could color it with oil paints, so Tessie is not stuck drinking just plain water. I made very weak coffee or good tea, fruit punch and some kind of red cocktail in a martini type glass. I could only find one. I may put whipped cream(spackle) on top of that one and turn it into jello.

After that I got a little braver. In another bead work magazine I read about making your own cabochons to bead around from resin. Soooooo I whipped up a larger batch. I used the metal trays from the make up samplers that I usually use for bread, cookies, pizza and cake pans in mini. I cut pieces of paper to fit from a Veranda magazine ad for rugs to fit the bottom of each pan. I glued them in with white glue. Then I filled each one to almost overflowing with the resin mixture. If it needs more of a dome I can top it off later. The magazine article said so.
Here's a better photo of what the cabs look like. I think that they will be fun with beaded bezels.

I did get more workroom done this morning. That was the first thing I did. I figured that you would be tired of hearing about it by now, so I hit you with the fun stuff first.
I am really changing things around. I hope that it works out. I still have a big pile in the center of the floor. I think it's getting somewhat smaller.......I hope it's getting somewhat smaller......Maybe it is.
Anyway, I finished two more bookcases.

I am getting quite skilled at taking photos of the bookcases from angles that don't need a lot of cropping to get rid of the piles in front. You would almost think that the room is getting much cleaner than it was.

I need to go back to work now. Go get yourself some resin and play. It's fun.

I will see you tomorrow.

3 comments:

rosanna said...

I bought two pots of resin nearly years ago (shamefull) but I never used it because I didn't know how to colour it. Today I'll try thanks to your tips. Have fun with your projects. Mini hugs

KathieB said...

I tried this two-bottle water stuff from Walmart a year or so ago for an aquarium. I didn't like it because it remained tacky on the surface, so haven't used it again. I hope yours turns out fine so that I'll be encouraged to try again.

Sasha said...

That red martini liquid could be a Cosmo cocktail - I can imagine Tessie loving that!