Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yesterday and Today.....

Another bookcase down and ten million to go. That's how it feels. At least with this one I gained some much needed space. The only problem with this is, what do I do with it? I still have about 10 times what will fit in that space with no home.

Here's what the two bookcases that I did yesterday and today look like now. That guy in the basket on the middle shelf is George. He started out as a Halloween decoration years ago and now lives in the workroom to keep me company. I like him a lot. He agrees with everything I say and if he doesn't he just keeps quiet. The perfect "Yes Man". The two shelves below him are the ones with all of the space. And the three drawer plastic thingy above him is also empty. I didn't really throw much out. I just put like things together instead of having them all over the room. It is a slow process, but I am gaining on it. I am liking how it is turning out. I joked about the labels yesterday, but I think that they really do make it easier to find things.

This morning I bought an Acrylic Water Kit at Wal Mart. It is to put fake water in vases with fake flowers. It doesn't say resin anywhere on the box, but the directions and warnings are the same. I am going to play mad scientist with it and see if it works for mini liquid. I will let you know the results of the experiments later.

Tessie gave back the bed. She said that she could sneak into the workroom and sleep on it if she wanted a bed of roses. She still isn't happy that she can't use it in her house, but she had a headache all day yesterday. I think that she learned her lesson.

Today she is on strike. She went back to the cottage and refuses to come out until I go back to work on it. I guess I am going to have to divide my time between the two projects. Maybe I can finish hers and then I will be free to clean the workroom as long as it takes.

I put a peace offering in front of her door. For cookies at least I get a little smile. That's her weakness. Anything sweet pleases her.

It's Wednesday, but no mini witches today. Maybe I can use the time to work on the windows and doors for Tessie. I had better go figure out what to do next.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your workroom is coming on very well. I found labelling was a key element in finding things but only if you put the things back in the right boxes. (Now was that cord I wanted in wih the the ribbons or string?) My memory is so bad that I have to label everything and make sure I put it back when I have finished with it.