Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hidden Treasure!

At least that's what Tessie calls it. When I went to the cottage this morning she was missing. I suspected that this was going to happen. She lived in my workroom for a couple of years in her, as she calls it, glass cage.....I get the feeling that she really didn't like her former home at all. Anyway, I knew right where to look for her. I took the camera and quietly sneaked into the workroom. She evidently hadn't been in there long. She got as far as the printer's type case right by the door. SHOES!!!!

She never had shoes. She always went barefoot or wore some old blue scruffy slippers. Who knew that she likes girly shoes?

As my daughter calls it, she was shopping in the "Mom Store". My daughter says if you have patience and time to look, you can find anything you want in my workroom. Maybe she is right after all.

I went back out and left her alone for a while. When I went back she was looking at trunks for storing some of her clothes. First she kind of liked the brown suede that wasn't finished. By this time, she knew that I was spying on her and started in on her usual long line of questions. "Just how long would it take me to finish this trunk?" With her usual impatience,she wanted to know if she could have it in an hour or two. I didn't even get the answer out before she spotted these!

She got so excited. She kept calling them trunks for royalty. Actually, I think that they originally came with some sort of Disney toys in them. She insisted that they were for her and she wanted them NOW!!! I told her she could have them, but she would have to keep everything very tidy in them. Messiness would show! She agreed. I am sure that they will be a mess in a week, but what could I do? They weren't being used and she did have a point. They will be ready whenever she wants to fill them.

Now for the real treasure. I am not at all sure that she can handle this one, but she says it is safer than a broom.......Sure it is.......I told her that she would have to wear a helmet and boots. She, as usual, had an answer for me that made no sense what so ever! "I can wear my pointy hat. That protects me from everything. If I run into trouble I can just apperate. Poof!" I foresee a lot of strange accidents on the roads of Arizona with people swearing that a witch on a motorcycle caused them, then disappeared.

By the way, she is now back in the workroom and is piling up a bunch of stuff to go in the cottage. The bike is parked nearby. She's not letting that out of her site. She made me promise to paint it PUCE!!!

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Erika said...

She realy funny Tessie.
Dosn´t she care about her safty on a bike?
She has her mind made up, that´s a thing for shore.

Debbie said...

So funny Casey..
Love the Trunk isn't it lovely and your little witch is right it would do for Royalty...

rosanna said...

I just love her and her story.
Please, keep us updated.
...what about her pet alligator?

Debbie said...

Right, this blogger tonight is getting on my nerves. 3 times I've tried to leave a comment.
The little witch looks great sitting on the Motor Bike, but I don't know about painting it Puce!
I love the chest she picked out and she's right, it would do for Royalty..
Mini Hugs

Cathy at The Fabulous Farmhouse said...

Your story is great! I love the little witch and her new house. I wish there were some place on the web that collected these little miniature stories with accompanying photos such as you have. Thank you for sharing with us all! I look forward to reading more.