Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, December 1, 2008

A Comfy Place to Relax....

I cushioned the alcove in the basket shop today. When I finished it, I wanted to sit on it and read a book or maybe make a basket or two. It looks so comfortable. I just need to find a tuffet for my feet and I will be all set.
I tufted the seat cushion. Then I proceeded to make lots of pillows. I didn't want any of them to be matchy matchy. They are just some that the owner had around the place and kind of piled up one at a time.
After I finished that, I went looking for other things for the shop. Of course there is the shadowbox with all of the other baskets in it. I forgot that I stole a couple of things out of there not too long ago. It used to have a floor standing wicker planter with geraniums in one corner.....Oops. It's gone. There are also a couple of baskets missing that went to other homes.
I especially like the painting of the little old lady making a basket. I think that may have to go in the alcove above the bench.
I don't think it will be necessary to make any more finished baskets for the shop. I may have to hang a few from the rafters as it is.
My one problem is going to be furniture. I tried this table and chair from my stash. The table is too tall and the wrong style. The chair is OK, but it is from Colombia. Somehow it doesn't fit in a French country setting.
I guess it's back to the drawing board. The next thing I have to tackle is the door and window. After I do those, I will be done with the building itself.
Hmmmmm.......I think that I may have to make another planter of geraniums. Do I really want more wicker? I am going to have to go look at some books and decide what I want in the way of furniture. I am off to do that now.
See you tomorrow.

No comments: