Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trial and Error

Yes, I did a couple of rows of shingles this morning. Then I started messing with the sign for the bookshop. I found the lettering and the book both in my Print Shop 15 program. I over laid the lettering on top of the book. I think that it still needs something. It needs more depth. I think that an added layer behind the book is in order. I may have to take it off and try putting it on a backing of colored card stock that mirrors the edges of the book to make it stand out more.

I did semi finish the chair enough so that you can take a look at it. It only has one coat of semi-gloss Deft on it so far. I need to sand it and then spray again. It still looks a little rough around the edges. I think that the middle toe on the front foot needs a little cutting still too. I will go back in tomorrow when I am fresh and not apt to cut my hand off with an Exacto knife. Yes. You can go back in after the finishing and adjust. I am not thrilled that the top arm/back piece was spliced in the middle. That's how the kit is made. It is hard to get that not to show.


The seat was done in bargello on a linen napkin with one strand of embroidery floss. I decided that running it diagonally would look better with the three cornered back.


Today is Wednesday. I had a meeting this afternoon, so you get the condensed version. It will be longer tomorrow. I promise. See you then.

No comments: