Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Again, I Ran Out.....




I worked on the back side of the roof today. That side of the shop is essentially done now. All I still have to do is put some trim across the floor fronts.

Surprise! I finished the shingles on this side. Then I promptly ran out. Back to the staining.

I haven't trimmed the top row and the edges yet or put a roof cap on it. That has to wait until I get the front done anyway. When they are dry I will do the trimming.

I played some more with the chair and am happy with it now. I decided the shaker desk and the chair looked better on the diagonal. If I put it in squarely all you would see is the back of the chair. That's not the pretty part.



I also messed around with the sign, I took a black pen to it to see if it would stand out more with a darker cover edge. I think that it does. I am going to have to pull it off and print another one.

It is amazing what you can see when you take photos of miniatures that you can't see with the naked eye. I always find flaws that I didn't notice at all before the photos. I never notice the dirt on the floor of the room until then. I seem to visualize things better through the camera lens that I do by eye. I always think that if the scene can fool the camera into thinking it is a real room, it is done right.

The Buttercup Books sign was bothering me until I took the photo and then I realized that the edge of the book kind of faded into the rocks. By putting the black roughly around the edge I could see in the photo that it stood out a lot more. I also noticed that Buttercup is too far to the left. Before I print another one I can fix that. I am going to try using separate text boxes for each of the words so that they can be moved closer together. Right now they seem to be sliding off of the pages. This is probably more than you wanted to know about my thought process. My mind keeps wandering to the list of things I still have to do. Hang in there for a couple more days and we will have a grand opening.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: