Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Normality Has Returned

Yesterday I had to clean up the table in the family room where I was working on the Buttercup Bookshop. The witches needed a place to work on their minis and eat. It was freaky to see the actual top of the table, to say the least. This is what it looked like this morning when I got up. It just didn't look right to me.

To add to the scariness, the termite people were sending a man out for the yearly check of the house. Here in Arizona that is the normal way of doing things. During the monsoon season the little creepy crawly things come out to chew. They are almost as bad as the trolls.

Anyway, I went straight into my work room and made it freaky clean also. I thought that it would be good if the inspector could at least see the floor. By this time I was getting really paranoid about not having any kind of mess to look at........ He inspected and left. OK.

As soon as he left I started to get things back where they belonged. I won't show you the workroom. That is pretty boring. Nothing on the floor. Don't tell anyone that the messes were all shoved onto shelves and still have to be sorted. I looked at that and felt somewhat better. I may still get up the gumption to go in there and do some more straightening now that the floor is clean. Therefore, no messes in there. I did however fix the family room.

The table is still way too neat for working purposes. I can live with it. I can now run around like a mad woman looking for a lost miter box or my favorite Exacto knife. I have 5 or 6, but I like the soft handled charcoal gray one the best.


After I got it back to a partial mess I went to work on the second floor windows. I managed to get all of them done all but the big one in the center. I still have to do the leading on the outside of that one. I glued the others in place and you get to watch the glue drying. I just promised to go back to work today. I did not promise to do anything exciting!
Maybe tomorrow I will try for "exciting". I'm not making any promises though. Maybe I will just cross stitch a mini panel and frame it. It will read, "Bless This Mess!
See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Marja said...

nice blog !!
I come here often
have a nice day!
greetings Marja Balvers

April said...

Normality? LOL