Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Here There Be Dragons.......


I started the morning talking to friends on MSN. We did some catching up. We haven't done that for a long time. It was great fun. After a couple of hours of that I got to work making rocks....Again....Some more.....Still. The white areas are the new rocks. Nope. I didn't get too far. Did I mention that I'm sick of rocks? Yes, I think I did...A few times.
I got sidetracked. The gang from this morning agreed to meet again at noon and do more catch up. I was 18 minutes late because of the rocks. They have to be carved while they are still wet.
After another hour of chatting I went back to work. I was completely disinterested in rocks by that time.
I decided dragons would be more interesting. The attention span of a six year old came into play once again. I went to the computer and started looking at images of dragons. You ask what does that have to do with the Buttercup Bookshop? I got the idea that there were way too many windows on the front of the shop. I decided that the round window at the top was not needed. Thus the dragons. I am going to put a stone dragon head up there and perhaps wings on either side too.
If I have to, I will put a buttercup blossom in his teeth to tie him into the bookshop. Or maybe his name is Buttercup.
Anyway, this is as far as I got. He is Super Sculpy. He is very crude so far. I will do a lot more detail work on him before painting. As I said before, he will probably have wings that will fit up under the eaves of the shop.
The lines around him on the tile are the shape of the underside of the eves. That will be my guide for the rest of the piece. Here's his other side. I do have a long way to go. He needs a lot of tender loving care. I think that I am going to like him better than a window though.
Just keep this thought in mind....."Don't annoy the dragon for thou art crunchy and taste good with catchup."....With that I will leave you for today. Back to the rock pile.
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a neat idea! I can't wait to see what you do with it!!