Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mookie's Dinner......

This is going to be short today. I had real life get in the way.



Remember the dragon that Mookie had for lunch a few days ago? After thinking about it, I decided that it would just give Mookie something to chew on if I kept the dragon sticking out from the front of the Buttercup. So........I chose to go in another direction.



First of all, I was not happy with the detail that I was able to get with the Super Sculpy. I changed to Granitex in the brown colorway. Here is what happened.

The dragon became a more shallow relief type than a sticking out type. He pulled his wings up around his head to fit under the eaves.

He is decidedly more sinister looking than the first one. I haven't baked him yet. I may do some shading with crushed pastels before I do that. That way the chalk will stick to him and I won't have to paint after he is done. Here he is from the other side. His name is Morgan. I have no idea why. He just kind of looks like a Morgan to me.

I really don't have much else to tell you today, that is unless you want to know about the second new microwave oven that I have bought in a week. No. I didn't keep both of them. I returned one and then got another one. See I told you you didn't want to know.

I am off to set fire to Morgan. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Ooooh, Casey, he looks so good! What an awesome touch to the buttercup. I can't wait to see what he looks like when he's been baked.