Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, August 15, 2008

No Fun Happening Today



This is going to be a links entry. I am just not in the mood to do a lot of mini-ing and picture taking today. The spider bite rules what I am doing.


Since I was doing plants yesterday, I thought that you might like to see a planter that I did a couple of years ago. The planter itself is a plastic Easter basket about 2" long that I got in a six pack from Wal Mart. I painted it with terracotta colored Ceramcoat and then washed it with white. and wiped some of it off. The cactus are like I showed you in the tutorial. The yucca in the back are partially plastic plants that I tore apart for the spiky part and the stems and flowers are some willow twigs that I bought at Wal Mart in the dried floral section and the flower part is the seed head of a grass that grows wild here in AZ. This is just to show you what can be done with spare parts.


Now for the links. This first one is a page of links to mini dolls in case anyone wants to look at that kind of thing. http://ring.miniature.net/cgi-bin/list.pl?ringid=Dolls
Here's a great tutorial on making bricks and stone walks from egg cartons and the carriers from fast food joints. You know the ones made of pressed cardboard. Before you leave the site, go to "HOME". It has a lot of other neat stuff too. I just couldn't find the link for the bricks on the homepage, so I am doing it in reverse. http://www.thechinadoll.com/bricktutorial.htm
I am going to go see if I can work up some enthusiasm for minis of some kind. Sorry to be such a stick in the mud. I wonder where that saying came from? See you tomorrow.


No comments: