Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Charlotte's Web......

OK. I used to like spiders. Two days ago I started hating one particular one. It bit me during the night. We are thinking that it may have been a brown recluse.....NOT GOOD! Today there is a lump about the size of a quarter and about 3 times as thick under my left arm. Why in the world he decided to take a bite of me there I don't know. If it doesn't go down some by tomorrow I am going to start getting reallllllllly irritated.

Anyway, I am not getting a lot done today. I decided to take it easy. I am making plants. You know that there is a plant gremlin that eats the plants in the greenhouse when I'm not looking. He is a distant cousin of the ones that mess around in my work room. In fact, he might live in there too. Maybe he only comes out when he is hungry for leafy veggies. I looked at the greenhouse this morning and decided that he had been at it again.


I had grandiose plans for making lots of replacements. I made up 6 pots with Nandina and put the railroad ballast on top for dirt. As you can see, once again, I had help. He stopped helping and went to sleep when I wouldn't let him chew on the stems.
At least I already had leaves punched so I could go to town cupping them with a stylus and gluing them on the stems. This is another one that you think about how long it is going to take and then multiply the time by 12.

This is the results of working for three and a half hours. OK so there were a couple of breaks to snack with one hand and try to fend Mookie off with the other. He would much rather have people food than cat food. He has a point. I would too!
So I am taking a break to write this. Then I am going back and put ice on the bite(no help at all) then I am going to try to finish the plants. While I am doing that, I am going to pout a lot. Did I mention that I found the nasty little beastie that bit me and stomped him? I am usually a nice person and carry spiders back out into the garden. Not this time. He got what he deserved! BAD SPIDER!!! I only hope that this lump starts going down pretty soon. Wish me luck.
See you tomorrow. So will Mookie!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Showing that picture of Mookie on top of the Haberdashery shows us how big it is. LOL, his little head looks funny back there, Is he saying hello?!

April said...

Where is the picture of the spider? I thought it would be like the Mercer Meyer Critter books with the Spider and the Cat in every picture. I am glad you are doing better!

Minka said...

I found cute-cute tiny terra cotta pots at Michaels -- 3 to a package for next to nothing.

I Googled images of "brown recluse spider" and all these horrible images came up of infected wounds. I know this is 2 years latter but I do hope you did not suffer for too long with this spider bite! No wonder you did not feel like doing anything!