Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just a Little Bit......

Someone mentioned a really neat website on the Greenleaf Forum yesterday. http://andrewsmini.com/miniatures/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=147f26b3ae2fe39361552fcedfab758d It is mostly quarter inch scale kits for houses and accessories. They are beautifully done.


So, as you should know by now, my inner six year old took over. I immediately went in the dreaded workroom and dragged out all of my 1/4" supplies. That's pretty easy. Even tho I have a lot, they all fit in two of the plastic Plano boxes and a couple of notebooks. And besides, I recently cleaned them out so I could find things. At least I have one section of the workroom that is organized......OK so it's only about one cubic foot. Picky, picky, picky.


I grabbed one of my trunk series that I started a couple of months ago. Time to go to work! I was going to make this one into a gentleman's study. I had gotten as far as covering the outside with suede cloth and painting a ceiling in the main part of the trunk. I haven't decided what to do with the floor yet.


I make these trunks from a pattern in one of Helen Ruthburg's books. They are meant for 1" scale, but make perfect containers for a quarter inch scene. I already showed you the bedroom, attic and bathroom. I decided on some Brodanax paper for the walls. The paper that you see behind will be used in the center tray. I think that I will just use the border and maybe paint the top part red like the other two segments.


After that, I went through my furniture box. I discovered that I didn't have a lot built that pertains to a gentleman's study. I had a bit of the plastic furniture that HBS sells. BTW, I think that they are closing that out. I went to buy a few more sets and they had a note saying that they only have 112 sets left. Each one is a whole house of furniture and they can be bashed, carved, painted and abused in so many interesting ways.


I found a back stitch oriental rug. I don't think that it quite matches. It may be time to print some more off of this website. http://www.1001arearugs.com/ The thumbnails are just about right for 1/4" scale. If you go to the larger size from there you can get some pretty good 1" scale. If you want them larger, just save them and put them in a program that will suit the purpose. I do them in my Print Shop 15. It's really a greeting card program but it works great for printing a lot of different things on on page.
If you want to find out how to print on fabric there are several sites that tell you how. I use the freezer paper method. It works like a charm.


I found forms for a chair and couch. I found a base for a table with no top and a few other miscellaneous pieces. At least it's a start. I guess I should get back to work and see what I can do to finish.
See you tomorrow.



No comments: