Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Repeat After Me......

I will finish the bookshop. I will finish the bookshop. I will finish the bookshop. Oops! I wasn't supposed to write it 100 times on the blackboard, was I? There is a definite slow down going on. Someone poke me with a big stick and get me going again.
First I stripped and cleaned my clothes closet(real).Before you ask, I had clothes on. It was the closet that was stripped!Then I ate lunch. Then I tried really hard to think of something else to do so that I wouldn't have to work on the bookshop.


Tiffany suggested that I go back to work on the armoire for the Mystery house, but that would be kind of like one step back and besides I couldn't find my 10-0 brush. That's the one with three hairs and a whisper. I need it to do the landscape inside the armoire. Excuses, excuses....


So..........I decided to clean out my miniature carpet drawers. I am only showing you the contents of the one that is semi interesting. This one has all of the rugs that I have started and not finished.
Mind you, I do finish them. There is evidence of this in a lot of the rooms in this blog. Some are from books and some I design myself. It's probably about 75% mine and 25% from books. The 15 starts you see here are in various stages of completion. They will get finished, one at a time when I find a place that needs them.
What is the point of these ramblings? ~Everything gets finished eventually.~
These are my downfall. This is the bookshelf with all of the miniature rug books. I can just sit and look at them without working and still be content.
The blue notebook in the middle is the one that gets me into the most trouble. I used to have to draw every pattern by hand with Prismacolor pencils on #12 graph paper. The notebook is partially filled with scribbled patterns.
Then a miracle happened..........A cross stitch pattern maker for the computer.
Once this little gem came along I could put the little colored squares in with a mouse. All I have to do is dip his little tail in the color I want and drag it across the squares. This is one of my designs. It takes me an hour or two to design a rug now as opposed to the maybe 6 hours it took by hand. Can you tell I love my mouse with the colored tail?
So. First I clean out the closet. Then I clean out the Mini Carpet drawer. I look at the bookshelf and naturally that leads me straight to the computer with the graph paper and every color of DMC embroidery floss at my fingertips. Can you see where this is going? Nope. I didn't work on the bookshop today. Oh well. At least I accomplished something. Even if it was the wrong something.
See you tomorrow.

No comments: