Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, June 27, 2008

I've Got a Secret.

You should never send me out to the garage to look for something that is stored away! Look what I found.
Years ago, when I was working in a mini shop, we got some new kits in from Houseworks. Half inch scale was just getting popular. As I remember, the price was about 40.00. That was a lot of money back then. Since I worked there most of my pay went to minis anyway.
The kit had everything cut of birch plywood and it was pretty much ready to put together. The windows and door were components. The trim was included. I put the kit together and painted it yellow, with white trim. Later I thought I was tired of the yellow, so I got out the Forest green and toffee brown.
As you can see, there is wallpaper inside the front windows. The secret is, that is a false wall. This is what the back of the building looks like. It's a Jewelry box! They advertised that you could leave the drawers out and turn it into a house. It was an awkward size for a house. It's really too small to do more than a room or two. So I opted to make it into the jewelry box. It is on it's own little turntable so that you can swing it around easily.
The point of this exercise is........Yes, I am getting sidetracked once again. I love this little house. I hate the colors that I repainted it. That's why it was banned to the garage. It is SO dark. I am going to whip out some happy colors and paint it so that it can come back to live in the house.
Don't tell anyone that there are secret drawers in the back. I guess it doesn't really matter. I will probably fill it with poly clay jewelry anyway.
I am off to select paint colors. Don't nag! I will get back to the bookshop tomorrow. See you then.

No comments: