Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Re: Shelving

I got up this morning and looked at the bookcase that I made yesterday. I remembered that I had planned to make some of the shelves in this one a little bigger. Oopsie! It was all glued together. So.....Back to the drawing board, so to speak.


I ripped out three shelves on each side of the window opening and changed that space to two shelves on each side. I love making myself more work! I needed some space for larger books. There was nothing else I could do. Now I have to sand down and stain the inside of each of those spaces. I know you have heard this before, but GRRRRRRR. OK. I feel all better now.


Onto what else I accomplished yesterday. I made books until I was blue in the face. I am not sure exactly what that means. Are you holding your breath all the time you are doing something? Must be. Why else would you be blue in the face when you finished?


This is the results. I do believe I am making progress. I stuffed all of the books in the downstairs bookcase the other day just to show you how many I had made. I will be stretching them out by doing some of the shelves like Barnes and Noble does theirs. They put some of the books face out so that you will be tempted by the covers. I know this because I have been tempted so many times. I don't resist temptation well when it comes to books. I believe that my daughter inherited this trait from me......Remember? She's a librarian.



I opened my big mouth the other day and said that I had a couple of birdcages waiting to be dressed with minis. My friend Tiffany is a realllllllly bad influence. She is trying to talk me into working on this one. So far I am resisting temptation. It really wouldn't take that long to do. I have some cream colored wicker that would look rather good in there. Maybe there should be a chandelier hanging from the center of the dome? Hmmmmmm. I am thinking a tile floor and maybe draperies in a couple of places around the inside edge.........

NO!!!!! I must finish the book shop!!! Someone come and hide the birdcage. Please!

I will not touch the birdcage. I will not touch the birdcage. I will not touch the birdcage.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: