Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

And In France Today.......

This morning my friend Claire in France featured me in her blog as her "Guest of the Month". She is doing this with a different miniaturist each month. I am honored. Here is her URL. http://rivolistory.typepad.fr/minirivoli/ Please go look. She has not been doing this long but she has a neat blog. I have to go find a Babel Fish to stick in my ear to read it. Ford Prefect was right. They work!

Now back to the US. I am starting to work on the kitchen armoire. Here's a first look. On the left you see the original from the Mac Kinzie-Childs catalog. I blew it up to as close to the size that I want to make it as possible. Then I drew it out on a graph pad to scale. This is my working drawing. It lets me figure out what pieces I need and how big they have to be.
Next I very carefully draw all of the pieces out on bass wood. I don't need any fancy hardwoods for this piece because it is going to be a painted finish. There is no reason to use anything harder. If I were going to keep a wood finish, I would use walnut of cherry. Those are my weapons of choice for that kind of finish.
Here it is in all of it's glory. OK so it's just a pile of bass wood. You will just have to wait to see what I do with it. By tomorrow I should at least have some of it glued together.
Oh! While I am thinking about it, I went to Wal-Mart this morning. I found a really neat tool bag. They just got them in the craft department yesterday. It was about 15.00. It has so many compartments that I should be able to put most of my tools in it and have them at hand. I am a sucker for bags with lots of pockets and spaces. This is the best!

I am going to take a break now and fill it with all kinds of goodies that I have been keeping in a drawer under the Mystery House.
Don't nag. I will get back to the armoire before the day is over.
BTW, I finished the cover up rug last night. I will block that today too.
Lots to do. I have to get to it. See you tomorrow.

No comments: