Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Did I Mention the Loft?

I didn't think I did. There will be a loft over the bed in the bedroom. It will be a sewing room. I just found the pieces. Mookie didn't eat all of them after all.

There was supposed to be an attic in this house. I decided to keep it more open. I cut the floor down so that there is only a bit of it over the bathtub area. I think that will be a space to put plants.
The other piece is the end over the bed. There will be a sewing studio there. It is very small. There's just enough room for a Chrysenbon treadle machine and mannequin. I haven't decided how the owner gets up there yet. She may just have to fly. Rope ladder?
I still need to work on the tub area. It needs curtains or a screen for modesty's sake.



Right now the loft is just dry fit into place but I am thinking that I will make it permanent tomorrow.
I made the trunk at the end of the bed from a pattern in one of Helen Ruthburg's books. I covered it with needlepoint canvas and used real leather to do the straps. I still need to put the buckles and other hardware on it.


I am thinking that there will have to be an armoire in the bedroom.....No closet.


I am almost done with the remake of the rug for behind the couch. Yes. I measured it this time. It is going to cover both holes. It should be finished tonight. The poor dog will be able to move about the place and not have to sit in one place to cover the hole any more.


I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.


I have the plans all drawn up for the Mac Kenzie-Childs kitchen armoire. I also have it measured onto the wood. Tomorrow I will finish cutting it out and put it together. It may take several days to finish. I am not going to follow the color scheme in the original.
Luckily, Mac Kinzie-Childs gives the measurments for the armoire in their catalog, so I can reproduce it pretty much to scale.
It has a microwave in the top and a fridge in the bottom. I want one of these in real life. They are only about 15,000 dollars.......I know. Dream on.
OK. I am off to dream. Maybe tomorrow I will drag you around with me while I build the armoire.
See you then.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I like the attic-sewing room idea!! Your house is coming together.....stop working so fast! Your making me look bad!! haha
About the rug~ what size are you using? And how in the world do you finish the ends. I can't find a rug I like for my house, and think I may have to make my own~ I'm a little rusty, though! Any tips??

Caseymini said...

Katie, contact me by e mail and I will send you info privately.