Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

You're Invited!!!





Today's the day! The Rusty Needle is, for all intents and purposes, finished. I still expect to add some things to the stock. It is officially open for business today.


Don't forget that you can poke at the photos to make them bigger!

The first photo is the front of the finished store. Come on in and browse for a bit.
















When you first step through the door you are greeted by George. He's the resident watch cat. He wanders in and out of different miniature places. He seems to be at home in all of them.


Note that there are refreshments on the corner table. Please help yourself to tea and cookies or jellyrolls.


George is on his best behavior this afternoon. Other than shedding all over the quilt blocks on the worktable, he is really doing well.


We have 133 different fabrics for you to choose from and thread to match them all. There are fat quarters in the two baskets on the shelves. They are on sale today.

We have a few other items that are going fast. There are several antique quilts in the shelves to your left.















We have a few embroidery kits in the front window. There is also a fine selection of quilting books in the same area.
We also have a fine selection of DMC embroidery floss there by the window.


This is the checkout counter. Here we have a selection of crochet thread for those of you that are inclined to like that craft. The thread also works well for tying quilts if you don't want to quilt them. The wool at the back is for the knitters in the crowd. I still need to get the needles. The company that is supplying them is kind of slow. I may have to make my own.
A friend sent me a pot of daffodils. I will have to take them out and plant them, but for a couple of days they will look nice on the shelf.
I hope that you enjoy wandering around the shop. I'm happy that you dropped by. Stay as long as you like.

5 comments:

Miss Elaine said...

Awesome! I love the quilt shop.

Miss Elaine

Anonymous said...

The Rusty Needle is exquisite!!! I could sit and stare at everything just like I used to in your sewing room!! Guess Who!!

Rita Tjelta said...

I do love your quilts shop!!
I keep comming back to look at it :D

Veronicagd said...

Your shop is fabulous, Casey. If we had one like it in our town I'd move in!

X

Bx said...

Love the shop, I want to go and pull out the bolts of cloth to look at and spend a queen's ransome on buying bits and bobs. Bx