Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Proof of Work......



OK so I don't have a newspaper with the date to hold up by the Rusty Needle.......I am working. Honest!


I got sidetracked by my daughter this morning. We met for coffee and a long walk through the antique mall. All I got was a cookbook from 1968 for $3.00. I was hoping for 3 or 4 dollhouses that nobody wanted. No luck.


When I returned I started repainting more of the trim. Some of the trim was broken when I got it back. That slowed me down some. Luckily, I had the right stock to replace the parts that were damaged. Did I mention that this building was SO dirty when I got it back that it had to be scrubbed within an inch of it's life? It had been stored by the man of the house in an outdoor shed. Not a good thing! I have most of it done now. I just have to glue on some of the gingerbread and paint the sign.

Since I haven't done that much, here's a teaser to keep you coming back.

This is a display of baskets of various types that I have done over the years. Maybe after I finish the Rusty Needle I will sit down and write a couple of tutorials on how to make some of them.







These are coiled ones done with two strands of over dyed embroidery floss over cloth covered wire. They are done exactly like the Native Americans around here coil theirs. The feathers are from a friend's parrot and the stones are real turquoise, amethyst and jade.









Hopefully, tomorrow I will have more to show you of the Rusty Needle. See you then.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I would love to learn how to make both kinds of baskets, I can't seem to find any locally to buy. I really like the bottom ones, so cheerful!