Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

One of Those Days

Did you ever have one of those days? I worked all day and nothing got done. All I have to show for today's work is the trim that is finished on the outside of the Rusty Needle and the rough design for the sign that goes on the front. I'm not going to show you that. It might change by tomorrow.

Oh! And I do have about 2o miniature balls of crochet thread. Those little things take a long time to wind. I wound them on drinking straws as I described before. I am not showing you those either. It would be like watching paint dry......Bored yet?

Here's something to take your mind off of the Rusty Needle for today.

About 3 years ago they were selling these little terrariums at Wal Mart for about 15.00. When I got it, it was plain white. I immediately thought "Garden Tea party". I got out the paint and started to fancy it up with embellishments.

The sides are Plexiglas and the roof lifts off so that you can get inside.

I popped in one of the Chinese cross stitch rugs that I designed. I painted some metal furniture that a friend gave me from a dollar store. I added a few plants and something to eat and drink. The painting of the vines and other embellishments took a while but after that, it was an almost instant project. Not bad for Wal Mart!

I seem to have an attraction to terrariums and birdcages. I have several that are finished(to be seen later) and several others waiting on shelves to be dealt with.

Here's one that I pretty much left as is except for the floor and the back wall. This time the find was at Big Lots. The floor is brick paper on mat board. The back wall is a piece of mat board with mini wallpaper. The chair is one of my wicker ones with matching footstool. The planter in the back is a ceramic one that was purchased as bisque ware and painted with acrylics. The small table is really a hand carved stone candlestick from India. I made the afghan from a real sized pattern and mercerized cotton sewing thread All of the plants are made of paper and wire. My cat George is made from Super Sculpey and painted.

This goes to show you that you can make a miniature from and in just about anything.

Back to the Rusty Needle tomorrow.

1 comment:

Minka said...

Wonderful! I'm in trouble. I should be sleeping and here I am late at night reading your blog. I love it!