Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

I got out all of the stuff that I have saved for the Rusty Needle again this morning. Here's what's happening.

I put the furniture in that I plan to use this time. I think it will actually fit!


The chairs and table in the center of the floor will be workspace. The wicker chair in the foreground is one that I made a while ago. It is just the right size for the spot and I can relax and put my feet up on the matching tuffet when I get lazy.
The cabinet on the far left will be for finished quilts. The shelves behind the counter will be for bolts of fabric and other supplies.

I am starting to do the "making a list and checking it twice" part of the process. That is the most fun.

I kind of like this photo. It is like really moving into a new shop before you get everything in place to open.
Here you can get a better view of the quilt cabinet. I built that for the store the first time along with the shelving unit and the counter. Thank goodness I don't have to do those again. They do need repainting tho.
Everything needs a good scrubbing. I need to mop the floors and then I can start wallpapering. Today's the day for that decision. For a person with the attention span of a gnat I am doing great.
In my mind I am 5" tall instead of 5 '. When I do a scene I have to be able to walk around in it and everything has to make sense. Is there enough room behind the counter? Can I reach the top shelf or will I have to have a little stepping stool? Are the customers going to like what I have in stock? OK so I am just a tiny bit weird.......At least I am happy.
Please be sure to come back for the grand opening! It won't be long now. Tea and cookies will be served.

No comments: