Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, March 1, 2008

It Was a Good Idea..........

Well. I worked on the roof shingle idea I had this morning. I got as far as tearing of part of the shingles on one side of the bay in the living room. I put on the shingles I made and decided that they looked way to modern for this house. I took them back off and have decided to repair the roof as it is and pound a cat if he gets near it.(Not really)

It would be boring to show you tearing off, putting on, tearing off and putting on the shingles. Kind of like watching paint dry.

The new idea did work tho. It will just have to be on another house. They look kind of like the sandpaper shingles that you can't keep clean. I think that these would be easier to keep clean. Not so gritty but the same look.

I know that some of you will grumble and/or stop reading without photos so I will show you this. Click on photo to see full size. The quality of the photo is not great. It is, after all, about 25 years old. This was my first attempt at landscaping back in the early 80s. The building is by Ballhagen. The camera and the director's chair are souvenirs from the first National I went to in Anaheim CA.

I did all of the painting on the saloon. That was before computers and fancy fonts.

I did all of the figures. The blond guy in the window caught the guy on the ground cheating and knocked him through the window. They either did the scene right or the director is yelling "Cut!" so that they can replace the window, straighten up the area and start over. Things don't look too good for the gambler on the ground either way. I don't know if it shows in the photo but he has an ace up his sleeve.....And please note the hangman's noose over the limb of the tree behind the director.

No happy ending today.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Lights! camera! action! Who wants to see photos of dumb ole shingles anyway? A good saloon fight beats that any day!

beyondbaffled said...

I LOVE the saloon! I think the lettering on the sign is great and I love the little saloon girl out front! Now gotta go work on my saloon... :)