Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Stalling.........





Did I ever tell you that I HATE shingles. That is I hate installing them. I put some on the mystery house when I first got it. It was an experiment. I used the wood from one of those Japanese scroll calendars that were popular in the 80s. They were pretty but way too fragile to last. Good Old Mookie got to them. He thought that since they were wood they would make a great scratching post. There are a couple of spots that could be repaired but he would probably just do it again. We shall see........

I think I am going to try another experiment. I found two shades of that speckled texture paint in brown. I am thinking that I will spray one side of some textured scrap booking card stock and then cut it into shingles. That will leave all of the edges raw. I will then do the old trick of lining them up on masking tape to paint. That way I can do the right side and the edges. I don't have this all the way thought through yet. That's why I am stalling.

So here is some eye candy to keep you happy until I do the amazing shingle experiment.



This is a bassinet that I made one year when one of the perfume companies put their gift bottles in the frosted swan. It was the perfect size to make a crib. The fabric is silk. Some of the lace is antique French and the base that it sits on is made from shaped ceiling tile.




I bought the gift set. I gave away the insides(not as a gift) and used the packaging. This is typical 6 year old thinking. Give her a gift and she plays with the box....er I mean swan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nice babybed. I like it with the birds. Greetings
Ingeborg Hungary
http://miniaturenland.blogspot.com