Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Poly Minis

I started playing with polymer clay way back in the 80s. It has always fascinated me because you can do so many different things with it. One of the first things I made with Fimo way back when were dolls. This one was , I think, my third or fourth try. She has gone through several reincarnations. That is I have re dressed her and re wigged her a few times. The poor lady just keeps going and going like the Energizer Bunny. She is slightly cross eyed but I still like her. I somehow managed to make her stand by herself. That was the important part. She doesn't have to lean on anyone or anything. She's a strong lady! I never did get around to giving her a name. She seems to reside happily where ever I choose to put her. Maybe it's because she has seen so many others disappear into the rubbish bin or be sent to live somewhere else. I think she likes it here.

Then there is the food........I have a wonderful time with that. I seldom make a house or a room box that doesn't have something to eat in it. After all, just because you are 5" tall it doesn't mean that you never get hungry or thirsty.



I started teaching our Wednesday Witches mini group some of this a couple of months ago. I had been experimenting with the liquid poly clay. That makes wonderful melted cheese as you can see on this Mexican food platter.

Next there had to be pizza. Our mini people were really hungry. That was the most fun. We made all of the toppings to go on the pizza like black olives, mushrooms, green pepper rings and pepperoni. We baked those first. We used liquid poly, tinted with red, for the pizza sauce. We covered that with all of the toppings and then more of the liquid poly tinted with yellow for the cheese. We dusted the edges of the crusts with brown chalk. Then I went and found a website that had printable of mini pizza boxes on the net.


The liquid poly opens up a whole new dimension to the food. You can reproduce beverages like hot chocolate and coffee without the trouble of resin mixing. Also what is turkey without gravy?

Saving the best for last.........Of course our little people MUST have chocolate chip cookies!
The sugar and flour bags were also from a mini printies website. Some of the mini people are really generous with their time and web space. Thank you to the mini friends that do this sort of thing so that the rest of us can use them in our scenes and enjoy them!
That's all for today. I need to go get a couple of chocolate chip cookies. I made myself hungry writing this one!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Fabulous :-) love the pizza...looks really realistic..better than the one i did! Terrific site.

Jess said...

is this doll tessie?

Caseymini said...

No,JJ, she is one of the first dolls that I made, back in the 80s. One of the few early ones that I kept.

Caseymini said...

No,JJ, she is one of the first dolls that I made, back in the 80s. One of the few early ones that I kept.