Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, March 2, 2019

I Just Dropped In... To See What Condition My Condition was in....

To quote an old song title... I had Wednesday Witches here this week.  Then I started cleaning up the back yard.

It was a mess from all of the snow... It stayed on the ground for three days after. I have a mess in the back yard.

The orchids are the ones that I got last year at this time.  Yes.  They are re-blooming!




This is where I spent most of the morning.  I got one and a half bushes trimmed of all of the dead leaves and sticks. This is going to be a two day or maybe three day job.

I have a lot of trimming of dead wood to do.

I covered a lot of the plants and most are doing well. 

The Kumquat did well under a box and a cloth cover. I think that I am going to trim that one branch that sticks out to the right off. It looks strange to me.

Anyway, until I get the back yard back in order, I a going to keep plugging away at the yard.  It should only take a few more days. 

Tessie keeps following me around the garden and pointing out the things that I am doing wrong.  Did you know that that branch is supposed to stick out like that.  She won't let me cut it off.  I think that the next step is getting Tessie to agree that I am in charge of the back yard...


Then I will be going back in here and starting over again... It seems to get worse all by itself if I let it go for a couple of days.

I wonder if there are any professional work room cleaners? If there are, I am about to give up and hire them.  It seems to be getting worse.... Instead of better, like it should.

Hang in there.  I will be back to it soon.

See you in a few days.

4 comments:

Isabel Ruiz said...

¡Cómo me gustan las orquideas!

meemaw said...

Wow Casey! That orchid is Stunning! Just Wow! Glad to see your snow didn't last long, and that you are well. Don't let Tessie harass you; sick Spike on her if she doesn't behave! Be safe!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I am glad there does not seem to be too much damage to your beautiful plants.
I hope you will not get any more snow.
Big hug
Giac

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Oh that Tessie. I'm so glad your plants survived the snow. I am so looking forward to spring and all my friend's gardens. And your orchid is beautiful.