Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Unwanted and Wanted...

I have been trying to find a place for this table to live for quite some time.  It was priced at $2.oo at a garage sale years ago.

It gets moved from place to place in the house and is never quiet right, wherever I put it.

I decided that it was time for drastic measures...
Is this drastic enough?  I decided that the two circular pieces could be used for bases for mini scenes.  The legs could be put to good use out in the back yard as posts for bird feeders or to hold water dishes.

Meanwhile, I won't be taking up useable space in the house.

Now all I have to do is think of something that they can be used for, that I can't live without.

The Kumquat Tree is doing amazing things. 

See the little white spots? Those are the start of flowers! Everywhere there is one of those, we may be getting a kumquat!!!

It has grown a few new leaves, but I am even more excited about all of the flowers that it is starting!

We may have kumquats this year! Fingers crossed.
The last thing is this... It is the start of a
Palo Verde Tree. I cut it down two years in a row.

It keeps fighting back.  I think that I am going to let it keep growing this year and see what happens. 

I seem to have pretty good luck with trees that just show up and start growing.

I probably would have had a better tree if I would have let it grow from the start, but I foolishly kept cutting it down. 

I give up.  It is going to win, if it keeps growing.
If it doesn't, no great loss. 

Back to the workroom sorting now.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Wonderful idea of what to do with the table. I was thinking the same thing for some mini settings. Like the idea for the legs out in the garden too. And my fingers are crossed for tons of kumquats.